ADVERTISEMENT FOR AN EMPLOYMENT POSITION
The Research Institute for Labour and Social Affairs (RILSA)
is a public research institute with a 100-year tradition.
Its main activity consists of applied research in the field of labour and social affairs
at the regional, national and international levels.
The Institute announces a selection procedure for the following employment position
The main responsibilities of the position consist of:
– serve as a principal researcher for both autonomous research projects and for research projects conducted in close cooperation with the Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs of the Czech Republic
– lead research projects and establish collaboration across research teams, from conceptualization to dissemination
– presenting findings in meetings with partners and at scientific conferences
– publishing research results in internationally recognized academic journals
– contribute to the development of grant proposals
– mentor junior staff to increase quantitative and qualitative analytic capacity
– enhance the quality, relevance, and usefulness of the Institute’s research work
– Ph.D. degree in the field of Labour Economics, Quantitative Methods and Data Analysis in Social Research, Macroeconomic Analysis, Public Policy, Family Policy and other related areas
– Advanced knowledge of the Czech social security system
– an established track record in leading others to produce rigorous and highly valued research
– deep knowledge of research methodology from social science research and evaluation
– advanced computational skills (R, Stata, Matlab, or relevant alternatives)
– publications in internationally recognized journals
– professional knowledge of English
– official evidence of no criminal record
– official evidence of legal capacity
– official evidence of medical capacity
Advantages for successful application:
– international research activities
– knowledge of the Czech language
– a full-time position at a public research institution
– a fixed-term employment contract – 1 year, with planned extension for an indefinite period
– 5 weeks of annual holiday entitlement
– 5 automatic sick days annually
– flexible working hours
– the option of home office arrangements
– further research opportunities as part of the Institute’s employee development scheme
Expected date of the commencement of employment: 1 March 2023
Place of employment: Dělnická 12, Prague 7 – Holešovice.
– a structured CV with a list of publishing activities
– copy of the certificate of the highest level of education attained
– official evidence (affidavit) of no criminal record
– official evidence (affidavit) of legal capacity
– official evidence (affidavit) of medical capacity
For more information on the selection process, please contact:
Bc. Stanislava Součková +420 211 152 711, firstname.lastname@example.org.
In case of interest, please submit your application form with the required documents (in person, electronically or by post) no later than 20 January 2023 (inclusive) to the following address:
Research Institute for Labour and Social Affairs.
Bc. Stanislava Součková
170 00 Prague 7
Data box: xy9n88n
Failure to substantiate the documents required as outlined above may form grounds for exclusion from the interview process. In the case of documents for which a copy is required,
you will be required to submit the original for examination prior to the interview.
By applying for the above employment position, you confirm that you are not aware of any personal or professional relations that could result in a conflict of interest when undertaking the activities involved in the position you are applying for.